Sunday, October 21, 2007

Walk for Diabetes


What a beautiful day for October 21st! I can't believe this weather! Emily and I participated in a Walk for Diabetes today. It was a perfect day to walk through North Andover and enjoy the fall trees that are at peak color!


They also had Wally the Green Monster there - straight from Fenway Park and last night's game! So of course Emily had to have her picture taken with Wally.

tonight is the last of the seven game series between the Red Sox and the Cleveland Indians. The winner will go to the World Series! Go Sox!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! On a whim I clicked on your blog link as it was updating at Blogger. Instead of just looking and leaving, I wanted to say hello.

Also, thank you for walking for Diabetes. My mother has diabetes and we are praying for a cure.

K3RTA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rozie640 said...

Hey Marilyn, I can't imagine what fun that walk must have been through the fall foliage. I hope you guys got some photo's. Em looks adorable with the mascot. My hubby, sister and father are diabetics, so I thank you too for waking that walk for them all!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking at your blog and got some inspiration from it. I too would like to thank you for walking for diabeties. My daughter, a very vibrant young woman, was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 24. Watching her living with this disease is heartbreaking and my life's wish is for a cure. Thank you for all you did to help.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Thanks for walking for diabetes. I was diagnosed at the age of 11 in May 1980 with type 1 diabetes. Treatment has come a long way, but still no cure. Thanks again for supporting the fight. I appreciate your blog and inspiration. Take care and God bless you, Elizabeth S.